St. Mary Catholic School Lunch Program
Sister Corda’s Kitchen
Greetings Saint Mary’s School Families,
Welcome back to school! We are slowly getting back to normal and working toward lunch service 5 days a week. For now, we will continue serving lunch on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. There will be no lunch service on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- What lunchtime will look like as we begin the 2021-2022 school year:
Lunch will be ordered in the morning in homeroom.
- Menus are on our website and are included in Mr. Nicely’s weekly Regina Caeli newsletter!
- On Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays students will be able to order the lunch choice of the day or a hot dog or corn dog(that day’s sides and drink options included).
- New! Salads are back as an A La Carte item and will be served with a roll and drink.
- 1st SHIFT- 5th grade and Pre-K will eat in the dining hall, properly spaced to adhere to covid guidelines. 5th graders, and any Pre-K students who are buying lunch, will get their lunch on a tray in the kitchen (we will assist Pre-K students with trays). 3rd and 4th graders will get their lunch in the kitchen. Their lunch will be packed in a bag so they can easily take lunch back to their classroom without spilling.
- 2nd Shift- K, 1 and 2 will eat lunch in the dining hall, properly spaced to adhere to covid guidelines. Students buying lunch will come through the lunch line and get their lunches on a tray. We will be assisting them with trays.
- 3rd Shift- Middle School students will be eating lunch in their classrooms. Students who are buying lunch will be coming to the kitchen, getting lunch on a tray and taking it back to their classroom.
- Snacks will not be sold at Break or during lunch. We are hoping to bring this back as soon as possible!
- The cost of lunch will remain $4.00.
- Lunch Accounts are family accounts. Lunch may be paid for by sending in a check or cash with your child. All monies received will be applied to the family account.
- Pre-pay is the preferred method of payment. For example; send in a check for $80.00. This is applied to the family account. Each day that your child/children buy $4.00 (x number of children buying) is deducted from your account. You may choose the amount that best fits your family.
- A weekly statement will be emailed every Friday. Please check the statement each week to keep your account up to date and paid.
New! All accounts past due $25.00+, for more than 10 days, will be billed through FACTS.
- Please watch your email for notification of this withdrawal.
- We do not serve nut products with our daily menu choices. On special Feast Days we serve cookies and always have allergy friendly options available.
- Please feel free to contact me if you have any allergy concerns. I am happy to help with ingredients included in our foods.
- Information will be sent out regarding volunteers and what volunteering will look like this school year. Personally, this is what I missed the most about last school year. I love getting to know parents and grandparents who volunteer in the kitchen and dining hall! Chatting with you as we prepare lunch is one of the best things about my job! I look forward to having volunteers bustling about in the kitchen again. Look for a sign up genius from Sister Corda’s Kitchen when that time comes!
As always, please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns you may have.
Tammy Shultz/ Manager
Sister Corda’s Kitchen