Student LifeAt St. Mary Catholic School
Student Life at St. Mary Catholic School
SMCS is dedicated to nurturing spiritual growth, strengthening moral values, and developing academic excellence.
The benchmark of our success as a school is not measured in grades or percentages, but in the development of individuals ready to explore possibilities, meet the challenges of life, extend themselves to others in order to do the work of Christ, and to always rise to their potentials. Students are encouraged to participate in co-curricular and extracurricular activities that offer different avenues for personal development. Independent learning is fostered in and out of the classroom, thus preparing the students intellectually, spiritually, and socially for their futures. All of these activities strengthen the sense of community at SMCS while helping to develop and foster lifelong friendships. These activities have also helped to form support networks for families new to the area and new to the school.
Each student at SMCS will:
- gain knowledge of the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church
- participate in daily religion classes, prayer, and school liturgies
- demonstrate Christian choices for self and others
- work toward the harmony of SMCS community
- be respectful of the diversity within the community
- show respect to our country
- demonstrate effective use of the Internet and other sources
- strive to develop strong study skills
- develop good oral and written communication skills
- strive to always work up to one’s potential
- desire academic excellence
Interested in Learning More about our Catholic School?
In choosing St. Mary Catholic School, you are investing in your child’s tomorrow. For over 145 years students and families have been entrusting SMCS for educational excellence – spiritually, academically, and socially. We invite you to visit our campus in historic Hagerstown, Maryland to learn more about our school as well as our school community.