The Accreditation of St. Mary Catholic School
St. Mary Catholic School, having met the requirements established by the AdvancED Accreditation Commission and Board of Trustees, is hereby accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Council on Accreditation and School Improvement.
St. Mary Catholic School received these commendations from The Evaluating Team:
- The teachers and administration provide an environment that nourishes Catholic Christian values.
- The school creates and maintains an environment where the message and mission of the Catholic Church is not only taught, but lived by the faculty, staff, and students.
- The school provides a variety of activities designed to meet the social, athletic, and spiritual needs of the children.
- The faculty incorporates a variety of teaching styles that enrich the students’ learning.
- The students incorporate basic grammar skills into all aspects of their written work.
- The Archdiocesan standards-based math curriculum is implemented at all grade levels.
- “Hands-on” science experiments and activities are incorporated into the science program.
- The school has a well-cared-for environment and has an overall feeling of safety and security.
Interested in Learning More about our Catholic School?
In choosing St. Mary Catholic School, you are investing in your child’s tomorrow. For over 140 years students and families have been entrusting SMCS for educational excellence – spiritually, academically, and socially. We invite you to visit our campus in historic Hagerstown, Maryland to learn more about our school as well as our school community.